Vocational Specialist - Generalist
Ascent Risk Management’s purpose is to improve the lives of those we touch…our employees, our clients, and our community. We have been recognized as a Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years because of our culture. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, focused, and self-motivated job developer to join the Ascent Team and make a difference!
Job Seeking Skills Training
- Teach Job Seeking Skills Training (JSST) such as application completion, interviewing skills, networking skills, resume and cover letter development, how to look for employment and where to look for employment, how to follow-up with employers, address question regarding disability, needed accommodations and any other skill that are necessary to obtain employment.
- Meet with the participant to complete required list of job prep functions as indicated in OOD VR Provider Manual guidelines.
- The resume, sample application and job search materials should be exceptional and meet Matrix and OOD standard.
- Perform follow-up with Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor and with participant to ensure service requirements are met and participant is satisfied with service provision.
Job Search Program
- Attend all weekly job search appointments with participant.
- Provide at least 4-6 job leads per week using internet or whatever means necessary to provide appropriate and viable job leads. All job leads should fall within the participants abilities and functional levels.
- Provide Job development services per Ohio OOD VR Provide Manual guidelines.
- Provide follow up via e-mail or phone call to VRC to ensure that counselor is update and well informed about participants progress.
- Assure that the participant is compliant with the program and report to the VRC any significant issues.
- Comply with the standards set forth by Matrix Vocational Solutions
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Score test in accordance with testing manual guidelines.
- Complete legible well written reports on each case in accordance with requirements specified by OOD in VR Provider Manual.
- Enter billings and outcomes information into Matrix systems as specified by Matrix Policy and Guidelines.
- Follow all documentation guidelines in compliance with CARF.
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Human Services or Health Care Field.
- Thorough knowledge of the Rehabilitation field, trends and methods.
- Must have thorough knowledge of disability.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation and willing to travel.
- Must have excellent communication skill and problems solving abilities.
What's in it for you?
- Make a difference
- Enjoy coming to work every day
- Best Places to Work culture
- Monthly massages and activities
- Competitive Benefits package
- Generous holiday schedule
- Act like you own it
- Be passionate
- Do what you say, say what you do
- Do the right thing…always
- Play well with others
- Pay it forward